Friday, March 12, 2021

Goo goo gooo.....ga ga gaa.......

You may like this song, you may not like this song......but few would deny that Joann turns in an outstanding performance as one of the baby-obsessed! It might make you/me cringe, but it is completely successful in what it sets out to do. Adorable.  Eeeew!
The flip-side is a sort of sequel - some might say "rip-off"! - of The Browns' "The Old Lamplighter".  That said, it has its charms.
  

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS SINGLE HERE

 

 

(see what I mean?)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for The Old Clock Maker. I've always loved answer songs, where someone tries to jump on the coat tails of a popular song. Although not an answer song, this one is still a "coat tailer". Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,and it's not a bad song in its own right, it doesn't rip off the melody as much as rewriting the lyrics. And the Globe team did a good job on the arrangement. I've seen a picture of Kris Arden during a session, sitting at (and singing from) a piano, so she might very well have been more than just the vocalist. (ditto Bobbi Blake).

      Delete
    2. ....and forgive my rudeness, what I originally meant to start out saying was: happy you liked the record!

      Let me know if there are any specific favorites or requests, I can always look and see if I have something up your alley. ;)

      Delete